Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Kidney Stone...

Yep...that is what we have been dealing with since Friday morning at 2:30am when we went to the Emergency Room. Adam woke up in more pain then he has ever experienced in his whole life according to him. Poor guy! The doctors said that it was a 3 mm stone...
but to Adam it felt more like this...
On Friday morning they said that the stone was really low and should pass within the next day - Although this wasn't the best news to Adam - he knew he could handle it for another day. Well, that ONE day ended up being 4 1/2 days...OUCH!!! Actually, honest truth - I'm not sure it has passed yet, but I'm very optimistic that is has because he went through the whole night last night without waking up in excruciating pain (although he had a fever of 103). I guess we'll wait and see.

If it hasn't passed he is scheduled for surgery tomorrow to blast it out. We are praying that he wont need to go through that. No. Fun.

Right now Adam is feeling okay and is at school taking a surgery test that he missed while out. He will have A LOT to make up - that is also...NO. FUN.

6 comments:

Janelle said...

I am so sorry to hear about the kidney stones! I have heard that the pain is worse than having a baby! Tell Adam we hope he feels better and we hope he doesn't have to have surgery!!! Good Luck!!!

The Tafuna Family said...

oh that really is no fun. my sister in law had one and she said it felt 100 times worse then labor!

mattie said...

ouch! my sister had a rather large one and said it was indescribable pain. not fun at all!

Delahunty Family said...

I'm sorry I have heard terrible things about those! My poor sister has one every few months and has had 2 blasted! I hope he gets feeling better soon!

Mom and Kenz said...

ow,ow,ow! hope you were able to be done without the surgery!

Adam said...

UPDATE:
No Surgery!!! It passed yesterday FINALLY.