Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Kauai



So, I have the BEST HUBBY ever! For Valentine's day Adam decided to surprise me with a trip to Kauai. He woke me up at 4:26am and said that I needed to hurry and get ready so that we wouldn't miss the sunrise. He had everything ready for me including tennis shoes, which he led me to believe that we were going on a hike to watch the sunrise.

Well, after 45 minutes in the car and a turn onto the H1 freeway- I said, "Where are we going? We only go this way if we are going to Aloha Stadium or to the Airport!" He then pulled out a hand made Valentine's Card with a poem inside that indicated that we were on our way to Kauai!!! I was super excited...Kauai was the only island we hadn't been to and we both really wanted to go before we pack up to leave Hawaii in April, but I honestly didn't think that we would get to go. However, we DID...and it was...well, AMAZING!!!

Thanks Adam! I love you!


Here are just some of the MANY highlights and pictures from our GREAT Kauai trip...


My TWO Valentines!!! What a cute picture taken at sunset!


There was a seal sun-bathing on the beach!!!

Another cute one!


A "Blow Hole" Called "Spouting Horn"


Lighthouse


Inside of the dry cave. This was a HUGE cave in the mountain with a beautiful beach in front of it.


One of the MANY pictures that Adam took at Sunset.


Kissy, Kissy!


This is one of Anniston's favorite things to do with Daddy! We just happened to snap a great picture during the sunset!


This was taken on our Waimea Canyon Drive. We thought that the red dirt with the water flowing over it was pretty neat!


Beautiful Landscape!



Our Cute little Family at the top of Waimea Canyon (AKA - Grand Canyon of the Pacific) - which is an amazing sight.


Another Canyon Pic!


Glass Sand Beach! I'm not sure if you can tell, but the so-called sand on this beach is really GLASS - all different colors of glass that have been smoothed over by the water. It was pretty awesome!


Here's Adam and Anniston finding pretty sand glass to add to our collection of Hawaii sand!!!


Anniston Kalia in her cute Valentine's dress!


A pretty picture on our drive around the island!


This is just one of the few different waterfalls that we were able to see in Kauai!


Of all the beautiful things of this "Garden Island"...what was Anniston's favorite? The ROOSTER!!! Go figure! There are chickens everyone here...Adam now thinks the rooster needs to be the state bird!

12 comments:

lindsey said...

Wow!! That is so thoughtful & romantic! Looks like you had a blast:) Kauai is the best!

Janelle said...

That is so much fun!!! Kauai looks so beautiful!!! I love all of the pictures, especially the ones at sunset!

The Morton's said...

You have a great husband! Kauai seems like a dream! Did you know you were there the same time as Angela and Jim? I can't wait to go there one day!

Unknown said...

Wow, what an amazing Surprise. That is so thoughtful and romantic. I love all the pictures.

lindsey said...

We just got home from picking Seth up from the air port and were so happy and surprised to see streamers and signs all over congratulating Seth! You are SO sweet and SO thoughtful and SO cute. Thank you SO much. Really. that means a lot to us and it made our day just that much better!!

Wendy said...

Aye Yah! Ooh what a little paradise you are living down there. Yep, i'm going to say it... I"M JEALOUS!

Shelly said...

Stace! How is it possible that I didn't know you had a baby-and a cute one too! Congrats. We need to catch up sometime.

Kat said...

I'm jealous Stacey!!! Looks like you had a blast! I keep hinting to Bret that our pictures suck. Hopefully one day I'll get a nice one ;-) Super cute pictures!!

Trevor and Lauren said...

Just dropping by... I heard through the grape vine that Adam had some sort of scheme worked up. What a great surprise?! You took beautiful pics!

Tammy said...

Hello Cottle Family: Remember me from Primary in the 5th Ward. Just seems like yesterday when you left for Haiwaii. Darling little girl you've added to your family. I'm still jealous of you living in paradise. Hope all is well. We love having Scott and Mattie in our ward with cute Jonah. Looks like you are doing well. I love the blog world, it's fun to find people and catch up on their lives. It's not stalking, right?

Lynn -n- Trisha said...

Hi Stacy,

Thanks for seeing our blog. If you come through Nauvoo please let us know. We take in Nauvoo and Carthage. You are welcome to stay here at the mission home a night if you would like. Let us know.

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

You do have the best husband!